MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4 Gaming Motherboard
|CPU Socket||LGA 1700|
|Compatible Devices||Personal Computer|
|RAM Memory Technology||DDR5|
|Compatible Processors||12 Gen Intel Core (Alder Lake)|
MSI MAG B660M Mortar Motherboard – DDR5 Technology
The MAG B660M MORTAR is a gaming oriented micro-ATX motherboard constructed around the latest Intel B660 chipset that balances value with premium hardware.
- 12TH GEN CORE, HIGH PERFORMANCE – The MAG B660M MORTAR (mATX) employs a 12 Duet Rail Power System (60A, DrMOS) VRM for the Intel B660 chipset (LGA 1700, 12th Gen Core ready) with Core Boost architecture for high CPU core count power demands
- INTEGRATED COOLING – VRM cooling features 7W/mK MOSFET thermal pads and an extended heatsink; Includes chipset heatsink, M.2 Shield Frozr, a dedicated pump-fan cooling header & 6-layer PCB with 2 oz. thickened copper
- DDR5 MEMORY, PCIe 4.0 & 3.0 x16 SLOTS – 4 x DDR5 DIMM slots with Memory Boost isolated circuitry for overclocking (1DPC 1R, 6200+ MHz); A PCIe 4.0 x16 Steel Armor slot supports graphics cards (secondary PCIe 3.0 x16 slot, AMD CrossFire supported)
- DUAL M.2 CONNECTORS – Storage includes 2 x M.2 Gen4 x4 64Gb/s slots (Intel Optane supported) with Shield Frozr to prevent thermal throttling during hyper-fast SSD access
- WELL CONNECTED – Network hardware includes a 2.5Gbps LAN controller; Rear ports include USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C (20Gbps), HDMI 2.1 & DisplayPort 1.4, and 7.1 HD Audio with Audio Boost (supports S/PDIF output)
Supports Intel Core 12th Gen Processors
The MAG B660M MORTAR motherboard supports 12th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors.
- Form Factor : Micro-ATX
- Socket Type : LGA 1700
- Chipset : Intel B660
Intel B660 chipset motherboards support memory overclocking but not CPU overclocking.
12+1+1 Duet Rail Power System
With its dual 8 pin power connectors and exclusive Core Boost technology, the MAG B660M MORTAR is able to sustain heavy CPU power loads to support system-demanding game settings:
- Digital PWM IC
- 1-Phase AUX Power
- 1-Phase GT Power
- 12 Duet Rail CPU Power System
Integrated Cooling Features
VRM Cooling : Features an extended heatsink and 7W/mK thermal pads.
PCB Cooling : Premium 6-layer printed circuit design with 2 oz. thickened copper improves heat dissipation & reliability.
SSD Cooling : M.2 Shield Frozr prevents thermal throttling.
System Cooling : Connect and synchronize cooling with strategically placed pin-headers – including a dedicated pump-fan header.
4 x DDR5 Dual Channel (6200 MHz OC)
Memory Boost : A fully-isolated DDR circuit delivers pure data signals for optimal gaming and overclocking performance.
XMP profiles in MSI BIOS are MSI OC LAB tested and can be easily enabled with auto power settings for optimized memory speed and stability.
Fortified PCI-e 4.0 x16
MSI PCI Express Steel Armor slots are secured to the motherboard with extra solder points to support the weight of heavy graphics cards and shields the point of contact from electromagnetic interference:
- 1 x PCI-e 4.0/3.0 x16 slot (with Steel Armor)
- 1 x PCI-e 3.0 x16 slot (CrossFire supported)
Gen4 M.2 Connectors
The MAG B660M MORTAR motherboard features MSI’s latest M.2 slots (Intel Optane supported):
- 2 x Gen4 x4 64Gb/s slots
*M.2 specifications may vary depending on the CPU installed.
M.2 Shield Frozr
Even the world’s fastest SSDs will automatically slow if thermal throttling firmware detects excessively high temperatures.
M.2 Shield Frozr is MSI’s most advanced thermal solution, offering the best possible protection to ensure maximum SSD transfer speed performance.
2.5G LAN : A 2.5Gbps LAN controller delivers a premium network gaming experience.
USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C : Enables ultra-fast 20Gbps data transfer rates between devices.
HD Audio : 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio with Audio Boost 5 & S/PDIF output.
There are no reviews yet.